Injured Due To Hazards On Someone Else’s Property?
Property owners have certain responsibilities toward people they invite onto their property. They have a responsibility to warn guests of dangers on the property that they know or should know about. They have a responsibility to fix potentially harmful property defects before those defects cause personal injury.
Unfortunately, owners do not always live up to their safety obligations.
Countless people are hurt on others’ property each year. The injuries they experience are often serious, including broken bones, sprains, strains, back injuries, paralysis, head injuries, internal bleeding and even fatal injuries.
Experience Handling All Types Of Premises Liability Claims
At Bredell & Bredell, we represent people who were harmed while on others’ property. Based in Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor, we serve people throughout Michigan by helping them seek compensation in Michigan courts.
Our clients have suffered injuries on others’ property in many diverse situations:
- Slip-and-falls — Caused by wet floors or tripping hazards, these can easily break bones or cause head trauma, leaving you with a limp, nerve damage or worse.
- Sidewalk injuries — Caused by ice, snow or uneven or unmarked walkways, hazardous walkway conditions can cause a wide array of injuries that your landlord should have prevented.
- Falling merchandise and other dangers in big box stores — It is the responsibility of the store to maintain a safe shopping environment for their customers.
- Negligent security — Robberies, rapes and assaults on another person’s property can cost you dearly when you needed protection the most.
- Injuries caused by defective railings and stairs — Because we often put a lot of weight on railings and stairs, it can be dangerous when one of these gives way.
- Injures from defective or missing smoke alarms — We place a lot of trust in these devices to work, and when they fail us, the defects can cost us greatly.
- Accidents in swimming pools and hot tubs — A negligent lifeguard can allow for a pool injury, unsafe environment or death by drowning.
- Injuries caused by defective roofs or decks — From falling roof debris to a collapsing deck, these accidents can cause catastrophic injuries.
Property defects aren’t always easy to spot. Railings that appear perfectly stable are sometimes made of rotten wood. Black ice is sometimes hidden under snow. And steps that appear solid are sometimes uneven and rickety. It is these hidden defects that often cause the most harm.
Contact A Proven Premises Liability Firm
Call 734-482-5000 throughout Michigan or reach us online to schedule an appointment with an attorney handling personal injury and premises liability. We offer flexible scheduling options and can make home and hospital visits if your injury prevents you from traveling to our office.